Thursday, January 7, 2010

あ恵なちた 枝下私を、知木で保なさい

should I attempt translation, the meaning would suffer -- not only factually, but emotionally; mostly mythos being lost. The japanese have a beautiful language and way of wording, such that no translation will do its beauty justice. So all I will say here to aid understanding without terribly misrepresenting the saying is that the themes involve nature in the particular, and wisdom as a benevolent and protecting force. I was inspired to write this after experiencing a constancy under the low-hung branches of an ageless pine holding snow as in clouds above my head -- the wisest tree I have ever met, and certainly the most beneficent. Unlike other trees, its branches expanded only to the extent of its height, which, coupled with its curving formation, resulted in an orb of green, upheld by a central wooden framed, and upholding an encompassing blanket of snow. It thus maintained within Itself an entity free from the proceeds of the season -- It truly is timeless -- yet did not fail to embrace the snowy scene. Despite its humble four feet of lowgrowth, the cedar sprung from a turret of stone, placing its perch at the height perspective and perfection, and giving it rise to a vantage point above all other trees of that thorn-strangled wood. Those cyclical branches circled into infinity around its self-cast figure, inviting a lone winter wander as myself to find respite under and in Its arms, surrounded by and around the overarching limbs as a mother bird's wings stretching over her head, protecting me from the elements on every side, and underneath as well by Its firmly founded roots. I cried for definition through relation to its Being of power, benevolence, and sagacity, and thanked it for the solace, encouragement, and inspiration it instilled in me.

This is my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment